Chin surgery (Genioplasty)
Chin length and shape can be inappropriated: too short, too long, too projection and inadequate projection. Appropriate ratio of the face can be
1. Front view: upper, middle and lower face should be in 1 : 1 : 0.8 ratio.
2. Lateral view: upper, middle and lower face should be in 1 : 1 : 0.8 ratio.
3. If we draw the line from upper lip to lower lip, the most anterior part of the chin should not extend anterior to this line.
Chin shape needs to be evaluate from both front and lateral view. To design whether augmentation or reduction is needed.
Know about operation
There are 2 methods:
1. Augmentation with synthetic material such as silicone. Good in case with minimal lift needed and can be performed under local anesthesia. However, can not correct severe degree of chin disfigurement and can result in unnatural look, spontaneous displacement and infection.
2. Bone cutting and transposition. It is a current standard method worldwide. Can correct all degree of chin disfigurement. However needs skilled surgeon and needs to be performed under general anesthesia.
Dr. Sarun performs solely second method so you can be assure that your surgical result will be the best without long term complication.